Regular abstract submission was possible until February 6, 2023. Late Poster submission until June 20, 2023.
Abstract submission is linked to registration. The submission of an abstract or late poster was therefore only possible if the participant has registered for the congress in advance.
All main authors or regular abstract submissions have been informed about the acceptance of their poster on March 16, 2023.
If you did not get any email notification please contact the Meeting Secretariat via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 351 65573-131.
Authors of late posters were informed about their poster number and day of presentation on June 23, 2023.
Poster presentation guidelines
- All submitted abstracts will be presented as posters
- Poster format: DIN A0 landscape format; it should not exceed the dimensions: 85 cm height, 119 cm width
- Posters need to be fixed on the day of poster presentation; fixing material will be provided on-site at the poster help desk
- Posters are supposed to remain displayed during the whole poster session (one day) and must be removed
- Saturday July 8 until 19:00 h (poster session I)
- Sunday July 9 until 18:00 h (poster session II)
- Monday July 10 until 18:00 h (poster session III)
- There will be no guided poster tour but main authors are requested to be present at their posters during the poster viewing session for discussions
- Each poster session (180 min) is divided into two parts (90 min each):
- uneven serial numbers will be presented in the first part
- even serial numbers will be presented in the second part
Updated information about meeting schedule and detailed programme is available in menu Scientific Programme.
Poster session I (A): Saturday, July 8, 2023 13:30-16:30 h
Poster session II (B): Sunday, July 9, 2023 13:00-16:00 h
Poster session III (C): Monday, July 10, 2023 13:00-16:00 h
Poster numbers – explanation
- T01 = Topic number
- 062 = Serial number within the topic
- uneven numbers are presented in first 90 minutes of poster session
- even numbers are presented in second 90 minutes of poster session
- B = Poster session (A, B, C are possible):
- A = poster presentation on Saturday, July 8, 2023 (poster session I)
- B = poster presentation on Sunday, July 9, 2023 (poster session II)
- C = poster presentation on Monday, July 10, 2023 (poster session III)
Publication of Accepted Abstracts
All accepted abstracts are visible in the online programme of the conference on this website.
All accepted abstracts (except for late poster submissions) will be published in the Wiley E-Only Supplement to Glia Journal.
An abstract is considered accepted if a corresponding notification of abstract acceptance has been sent and the first author has paid the registration fee in full until April 28, 2023. The meeting organiser reserved the right to withdraw accepted abstracts if the fee was not paid by the deadline.
The abstract will be published as submitted. The authors are responsible for the correctness and completeness of the content as well as the correct listing of authors and their affiliations.
Please make sure that your abstract is ready for publishing! You may check your data with your login in the abstract system.
If you need to change anything, please see paragraph Abstract editing below. The final deadline for all modifications was April 28, 2023!
List of Topics for Poster Presentation
The list of topics will be used for sessioning the posters. You can select one session only.
- T01 – Cell migration
- T02 – Cell proliferation, lineages and differentiation
- T03 – Cell signalling
- T04 – Cytoskeleton
- T05 – Degenerative disease, toxicity and neuroprotection
- T06 – (Energy) Metabolism
- T07 – Extracellular matrix and cell adhesion molecules
- T08 – Gene expression and transcription factors
- T09 – Glia – glia interaction
- T10 – Glial diversity
- T11 – Glial-neuronal interactions
- T12 – Ischemia and hypoxia
- T13 – Memory and learning
- T14 – Myelin
- T15 – Neural stem/progenitor cells
- T16 – Neuroimmunology and neuroinflammation
- T17 – Neuromodulation by glia
- T18 – Neurovascular interactions
- T19 – Psychiatric diseases
- T20 – Regeneration and repair
- T21 – Reprogramming
- T22 – Transmitter receptors, ion channels and gap junctions
- T23 – Trophic factors
- T24 – Tumours
- T25 – Late Poster
Abstract editing was possible free of charge until the deadline for abstract submission and early registration. After February 6, you needed to contact email@example.com; your account was reopened for a short time period. A handling fee of 10,00 EUR was charged for each further abstract editing. The final deadline for abstract editing was April 28, 2023.
Access to Abstract Management System
Authors could access their accounts at any time until February 6, 2023. There you could view and download your abstract, check its current status and edit it after getting the activation by the meeting secretariat. A link to acces the management system was provided on this page.
General rules for abstract submission:
- It is only possible to submit an abstract for poster presentation. The lecture program only consists of the symposia and workshops selected in June 2022 following an application process (call for symposia).
- It is only possible to submit one abstract per participant.
- The registered participant is automatically the first author and will be the presenting author of the poster.
- All abstracts submitted before the deadline will be published in a supplement of the journal GLIA.
- Plenary speakers and speakers in symposia, workshops and the introductory course are entitled to present one poster in addition to their oral presentation.
- Congress registration is required first. After successful online registration you will receive your individual access data for the abstract submission platform.
- When submitting the abstract, you must assign your abstract in one of the given topics (see below) and choose one to three associated keywords.
- The following components are required: title of abstract, author(s) names, authors’ affiliations, text body (max. 2800 incl. spaces), acknowledgement (optional), references (optional).
- Please follow the instructions within the form for abstract submission.
- You are allowed to add two figures to your abstract. The file must meet the following requirements (upload as jpg file, minimum resolution 800 px, maximum size 2 MB, enter a meaningful headline that you may refer to in the abstract).
- After checking your contribution don’t forget to klick the green button “finalize your submission” at the end of the page; otherwise the abstract submisison is not completed.
After the submission of regular poster abstracts is closed, late poster can be submitted to be presented onsite. Main authors of regular abstracts are not allowed to submit a late poster.
Start: March 30, 2023 | Deadline: June 20, 2023 (23:59 h CET)
- Late posters will be displayed onsite only – a list of poster titles will be provided for all delegates.
- Abstracts of these posters will not be published – neither in the online programme on this website nor in the official abstract publication at Wiley E-Only Supplement to Glia Journal.
- Late posters will not be assigned to topical poster sessions but will be displayed in one place alltogether.
- The first author needs to be registered for the congress; only one poster per participant is allowed.
Late poster submission
- If not done before: register for the congress in menu Registration.
- Fill in the following submission form
- Poster title
- Authors (first author at the top)
- Affiliations, assigned to the authors
- Email address of first author for further communications
A confirmation of receipt will be sent by the Meeting Secretariat. The information about poster number and day of presentation will be provided on June 23, 2023.
In case of questions, contact the Meeting Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.