Introductory Course on Glial Cell Biology
Friday, July 7, 2023 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Introductory Course on Glial Cell Biology 2023 is aiming at young researchers and researchers who are new in the field. The lectures will give a broad overview on the key aspects of glial cell biology. Supplementary registration is required.
- Introduction and history of glial research
- Functions of astrocytes in the healthy brain
- Functions of oligodendrocytes in the healthy brain
- Functions of microglia in development and plasticity
- Functions and dysfunctions of Schwann cells in the peripheral nervous system
- The role of glial cells in neurodegeneration
- The role of glial cells in inflammatory disorders
- The role of glial cells in psychiatric diseases
- Glial cells and glioma